Skip to main content

What I Love About My Subaru BRZ


     

       Everything. The End.

       No, but really. I love everything about the car. But that’s not the end of it. It doesn’t mean there aren’t certain things which I like more than others. For example, the steering. I love the steering. Everything from the tactual feel of the wheel itself to the feedback I get when I turn it. To me, it feels just right. It doesn’t feel artificially weighted, nor is it one-finger twirlable (yes, that’s a word starting now). I love it more than I love the engine, but it doesn’t mean the engine is bad. It took a bit of time to accept the fact that it has no low-end torque. I’ll never be able to rip through the gears like I used to in my Z28, but use the FA20 boxer engine right, and in the BRZ’s lightweight body, it’s just about acceptable. The fact that it makes all of its power right before redline is exciting. Get it above 5k rpm’s and the car pulls harder and harder until the shift point.
       I also love the seats. In Limited spec, they are beautiful black leather and alcantara, well-bolstered pieces of ass-accommodating excellence held together by contrasting red stitching. Get the Limited spec, and the cabin looks and feels significantly better and will undoubtedly age better than the bland and basic Premium model. Another thing I like about the BRZ is the exterior styling. I think it’s superior than that of the FR-S because of the two protrusion at the bottom of the front bumper on the FR-S look like the mandibles of an insect, and things such as LED daytime running lights and rear spoiler don’t exist on the FR-S. Overall, however, both sisters look special inside and out, and it’s what the owners of these cars want.
       Now, moving on to my most favorite thing about the BRZ. What this car excels at the most in is the driving experience it provides. The driver sits low, feet forward and steering wheel (with no buttons on it because it’s function is solely to steer the car) at a perfect distance, with the shifter and its sublime action exactly the right distance from the driver. Notch it into first, feather the clutch and gas and pull away with ease. No drama. No difficulties. But instantly, the cars lightweight and sensitivity to input is felt. The steering, although electrically assisted, feels sublime, and I personally would’ve never known unless I hadn’t read it on the spec sheet. Every little input of the wheel or throttle has a direct output. Out of all the cars I have driven, this feels by far the most alive; it’s comparable to a go-kart. Or, think of it as one of those open wheel track cars but with actual amenities in it, making it easy to live with day to day. A more practical and comfortable Lotus Elise? You get my point. 
       This is my sixth car, and I truly want my brain to permit myself to keep it for at least 3 years so I can develop lasting memories with it. There’s no reason why I should crave a different car in the foreseeable future unless I have a family, get morbidly obese, or the world turns into a snowpocolypse. What about my desire for speed? I say I love racing and motorsports more than anything, so how can I give up speed? Well, I own a Honda CBR954RR, so I have that to fall back on if the desire for unbelievable acceleration and speed capabilities insatiable by my BRZ give me sleepless nights.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kelley Blue Book - The Antichrist of The Used Car Market

I know, this is just my second post, and instead of being happy and celebrating the many positive sides of the automotive industry, I'm going to start talking about something that has been bothering me for quite a while now. Ever heard of the site Kelley Blue Book? Well it's a f**king awful thing, and it has absolutely ruined the used car market. What has happened to the time when people could buy proper used cars, with low miles, for $1-2,000? Now, with the existence of KBB, people are selling their cars for an extremely high price, just because a stupid website spits out random numbers based off of some algorithms. In addition, these prices are mainly intended for insurance companies, so that in case of an incident, the insurance can know what the damaged cars were worth. Sadly, though, anyone, no matter how small his car knowledge is, can try selling his exhausted and worn out car for an absurdly high price, just because KBB produced some number based on a couple of vague

Those who announce their positive traits rarely possess them

Tap the Instagram icon on your phone screen. Scroll through profiles and see so many of the users self-proclaiming their honesty, genuineness, and humility. You sit there thinking "Wow, what a great time we live in. There are so many good and self-aware people out there!". So many users actively "voicing" their opinions via "liking" and re-"sharing" other's posts relating to immigration rights, anti-political views, LGBTQ rights, police brutality, humility, honesty, the list goes on and on. Now, I'm not a sociologist by profession, but from my observations and through countless personal experiences, I can say with almost certainty that those who display that kind of behavior are in reality the exact opposite. Liking a positive message or disliking a negative one on social media in no way reflects on one's personal actions. Liking an activist's message doesn't make you an activist. Saying you are good doesn't make you good.